Thursday, March 02, 2006


KO SAMUI

Although the distance didn't seem that great looking at the map, it actually took 18 hours from leaving Bankok to arrive at my hotel in Ko Samui, more than likely paying over the odds as depsite the beatiful beach, weather and scenery all I could think about was bed!

Although I previously described Nah Trang (Vietnam) as an Ibiza within South East Asia, Ko Samui makes it look like Clacton!

Now, whilst this may sound to be appealing to me given my alcohol fuelled trip so far it actually didn't make for too interesting a time. This was probably the first place I've been on my trip so far that was more a package holiday resort than a backpacker stop.

What this actually meant that meeting random people (and the random events that follow) proved difficult, so much so that besides the people I already knew on the island I actually didn't strike up a conversation for more than 30 seconds with anyone!

For me, especially since travelling that is quite an achievement. However, not to say the place wasn't a potentially good night out, with a big group of lads it would have been messy!

So, after 3 days of Ko Samui I am more than ready for a change and decided to head to the next island of Ko Tao, which was only a 90 minute boat ride away.

Photos as always to be posted soon.....
Web Page Counters