Thursday, January 26, 2006





HANOI (again)

After returning to Haoi from Sapa, the cold weather I was thinking about moaning about in Hanoi felt tropical, no more socks, boots and waterproofs for me!!

Have pretty much done most of the touristy stuff in Hanoi by the time I left for Halong Bay, including the 'Hanoi Hilton', which is the slightly misleading name for the prision which US Pilots were 'entertained' during the American Vietnam war.

Although I've been seeing the many different sights and experiences on offer here, the continuing theme of Bia Hoi (and the associated late nights) have common throughout my time here!

Pic enclosed of the main partners in crime, Tom on the left and Dave on the right. And yes, for those aware of global drinking rules, Dave was accordingly punished for having being double parked with 2 beers!

I'm now leaving Hanoi to head for Halong bay for a couple of days, given the scenery is so good I would have liked to stay for longer, but the 29th is Tet (Chinese new year) meaning that the whole place (including buses) shiuts down for a couple of days , so being back in Hanoi would not be good as I would be bored, broke, hungover or all three!
Web Page Counters