Friday, January 13, 2006





TADLO

Farily similar in terms of the remoteness and seclusion to the 4,000 islands but the outrageous luxuries of hot water and electricity were good - if only just to charge the ipod, and spend more than 10 seconds in the shower in the morning without making monkey noises!

The place itself is very scenic and the steep cliffs and rivers make for a lot of waterfalls, which in the way of things to do besides swimming and chilling out is pretty much it. Spent 3 nights there all together, and after taking a 1 day trek though the hills to see the villages and waterfalls meant that I'm ready for somewhere a bit livelier now where the bars and restaurants are open beyond 10.30, and have more than 6 people in them!

Pictures show the waterfalls and height that I trekked to, as well as a picture 0f some of the village kids...also check out the cheekly little critter on the right hand side pulling a face for the camera!
Although the language barriers remain, I always have time for a bit of cheek so this photo is one of my favourites so far!

Am back in Pakse now, not much more to say about that than last time, although a night of food poisoning last visit here (damn my love of pizza!) means I'm not stopping overnight this time and heading straight back to Vientiane, where I'll be flying to Hanoi after a few days.
Web Page Counters