Tuesday, March 28, 2006


KO PHI PHI

I once again find myself looking to try and chill for a bit and let the liver stop screaming at me for a while, and Ko Phi Phi certainly was the place to do that, for the first day at least.

It was when having a chilled night playing some pool that I hear a shout of "Ian!" form across teh street, and see that the rest of the 'alcohol enthusiasts' from the previous few weeks have all turned up!

I genuinely wasn't sure whether this would be a good thing or a bad thing, as in myself I was pleased to see them all again, but if my liver had a voice it would be screaming the opposite!

As it turned out, most of us weren't quite on form in Phi Phi, culminating in a tremendous effort to recreate the carnge of previous island, but more often than not for myself resulting in early(ish) nights contemplating why on earth I drink redbull buckets and then try to sleep - not an easy task!!

Phi Phi is also the first place I've seen out here where you can still see the aftermath of the Tsunami, pretty amazing really to think that the island is still functioning and the people still smiling after prractically half of the island got wiped out recently...

The island itself is still beautiful though, and was the scene of the film 'The Beach', photo at the top is from Maya Bay which was the bay use don the film.

So unfortuantely for those that revel in my misfortune I don't really have any tales of stupidity to report from Phi Phi, which although may not provide as much entertainment as my usual posts, it has given me time to just clam down for 30 seconds before the next wave of idiocy!

Next stop is back to Bangkok where Helen from sunny Northampton is coming out for 10 days, so looks like I'll actually have to travel and be touristy for a while - not something I've done in the last month or so!!

More pics to be added from Phi Phi soon....
Web Page Counters