Saturday, May 27, 2006

ZHONGDIAN

Still feeling the aches from the trek the previous day, I headed straight to my guest house in Zhongdian and out of the cold…..3200m above sea level means you really feel the change in temperature….as do flip flops!

After looking into Tickets I would have a 3day wait to get a flight into Tibet’s capital Lhasa…going by road really isn’t an option as it takes 8 days each way and in the words on Eric my trek guide can be a bit “sketchy” at times.

After looking into the ticket prices I came to about 5 mins later when, including my Visa it would cost me more than a month’s stay anywhere else to get in and out of Lhasa and onto my next stop Shanghai. That didn’t even include any ‘refreshments’ or planned trips either!

A quick check online confirmed that as China was an unscheduled stop, Lhasa at this stage was not inline with budgetary requirements…in that it would blow a huge hole in it!

So, as much as it pained me at this stage….I headed to Shanghai ahead of schedule in an effort to actually have some money coming in rather than fly outward, the plan being to visit Lhasa on my way out of China and no doubt onto somewhere new.

That brings me to where I am now, and have been the last 5 weeks, Next post (soon) will update where I'm living, what I'm doing etc. in Shanghai as well as the usual catelogue of schoolboy errors...oh yes there have been more.
Web Page Counters