Thursday, December 08, 2005



Right, OK...so this is the first proper post in my blog, after much Richarding about with trying to create a nice looking blog template and pictures etc. I've just used a basic old template in the end, so although it looks a bit rubbish that's unlucky!

I obviously haven't gone anywhere yet as I'm posting this from UK, but thought I'd attach a picture of my route so that you can see where I think I'm going.
Will also be quite amusing to compare this to where I've actually been when I come back - the odd random detour here and there is far more tempting than sticking to anything 'organised'!!
So that the map makes sense, this is the plan in a bit more detail:
  • Land in Bangkok
  • Head North on the train to Chiang Mai
  • Head to Laos Border at Huay Xai
  • Cross into Laos and into Luang Prabang via the Mekong river
  • Luang Prabang into Vang Vieng and Vientiane
  • There into Vietnam and head towards Hanoi
  • From Hanoi travel down the coast of Vietnam via Hue, Hoi An heading to Hoi Chi Minh City (Saigon)
  • From Vietnam into Cambodia heading to Phnom Penh
  • Phnom Penh to Angkor, including Siam Reap and Battambang
  • Back into Bangkok from there to head into Southern Thailand's beaches
  • The South into Malaysia and Singapore before flying back to Bangkok to fly home

So...basically the whole thing is a clock-wise Richard fest then heading south for a bit, which is the best way I can think of seeing everywhere without any back tracking.


I'm also going to post some better maps of the countries I'm going to as well in case you want to see exactly where the hell I am at any one point, which would help make sense of any random detours / schoolboy errors I make along the way!

Web Page Counters